Tuesday, May 30, 2023

DiesRUS - Lisa Horton 3D Embossing Folders, Torn Aperture and Layered Petals

Hello everyone!! 

Remember the Special Order offer from DiesRUs?
This is what i made using 2 Lisa Horton's 3D Embossing folders that i purchased!!


This is my second attempt at using Lisa Horton's 3D folders.
I have to say, i really like them.
Both of these embossing folders do not come with a stencil, so the first thing i did was use the Torn Aperture.  This folder measures about 5.5 long and 4.25 wide.  If you use it on a larger paper it can't be centered.. unless you don't care where the opening is.  Also, the edges of the folder emboss a line if you use a larger paper.  so i went with a paper that fit inside of the folder.  This folder also comes with a die for the opening.  It does make a difference where you die cut this opening as the paper needs to fit back in and line up with the embossed design. 
So, you can lightly press the folder to get an imprint of the opening.  And then die cut.  (i eyed it).
 I didn't want the raised part of the torn aperture to have a color, but i did want the background to have a color, so i inked up the embossing folder, on the debossed side using Distress Oxide - Gathered Twigs and ran that through my die cutting machine. When it came out i chose to add more ink to the paper and i misted a bit of water to the paper to get a distressed look. To finish off the aperture, i decided to offset a brown mat and die cut the opening.  Adhere the aperture to the brown mat and cut the sides to the right width.  Add double-sided foam tape to the back (i added 3 layers because my foam tape was thin).

Now for the second 3D embossing folder called Layered Petals.  This is a 6 x 6 folder. 
I embossed 2 cream papers.  One for the background behind the aperture window.  I fussy chose the part of the embossing flowers i wanted to show through the window and then I trimmed that down to fit behind the window.   You can now adhere the window to the embossed flowers background. I set that aside until i layered everything together on the card.
For the second cream paper, i embossed, i colored the flowers and stems with Prismacolor pencils. I decided to ink up the background on this folder as well.  Using the debossed side i ran VersaFine Clair - Fallen Leaves over the background.   It also inked some of the petal and leaf veins.  Do not press hard as you will get more ink in the debossed part.  Just light press the ink.  Next, i repositioned the colored pencil embossed paper back into the inked folder, it can line up perfectly, but it works fine to get it as close as possible.. that is the result you see on my card..not perfect. 
Now i chose to fussy cut the flowers leaving an edge to high light the pink/green.  Here is how you can "fix" any of the the not perfect embossing.  I had some white areas showing.. so i pulled out my Distress Oxide and blending brush and inked the flowers, leaves and stems slightly.
Before i add my flowers, i matted the aperture with rose gold metallic paper.  I distressed the edges of the metallic paper first.  Now i added the matted aperture to the cream card base.

Now for the fun part.. i fussy cut the flowers i wanted to use for the arrangement. i arranged the flowers around the aperture.  None of the flowers went inside, but that could work.  If you look at the embossing folder and my flowers you can see which ones i fussy cut too.  I attached the flowers with glue and foam tape.

This would be great with a sentiment too.  I just didn't have a Lisa Horton one. 

DiesRUs Store Supplies:
Lisa Horton - 3D Embossing Folder - Torn Aperture

Lisa Horton - 3D Embossing Folder - Layered Petals


Store ** Facebook** Instagram ** YouTube ** Pinterest

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram: DiesRUs

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!