Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Stampers Anonymous - Halloween Doodles Card

 Catching up on some blog posting... i created this project before Halloween and didn't post it.  I like to make posts just to remind me of what i did.. 

I was inspired to make this because of a Tim Holtz stamp set i had purchased last year. My initial idea was to make a gift bag with a window..and it transformed into a shaker card instead. 


So, I started out with a bag template and cut it down to make a frame instead.
I colored the paper with Tim Holtz Watercolor pencils to get the background design. I also made a separate background and used the watercolor pencils the same way. Coloring and blending with a water brush.
Once that dried i used Distress Archival Ink - Faded Jeans and stamped the stars from the stamp set, Halloween Doodles. I stamped the mushrooms in the background with Distress Archival - Hickory Smoke and color them in with PrismaColor pencils. On a separate piece of paper i stamped the mushrooms again the same way except i fussy cut them out.
Next, i stamped the pumpkins on a separate piece of card stock using Distress Archival - Hickory Smoke and colored those in with Prismacolor pencils as well. Last thing i stamped was the ghost on white card stock with VersaFine Clair Ink - Nocturne. I colored the ghost in with Prismacolor pencils as well. Now to put it all together. I wanted a shaker element, so i used a clear sleeve and put the background stamped card into the sleeve with some chunky glitter. I taped that shut and put it behind the framed piece i made. i used foam tape to make the frame be raised a bit higher.
I measured out a black card base and added some white cheesecloth so it would show around the framed shaker card. I adhered that to the cheese cloth with foam tape. Next i added the pumpkins and mushrooms to the top of the frame with foam tape/glue. I tucked in or put cheese cloth on top of the pumpkins/mushrooms. Before i added the ghost i glued a bit of cheese cloth to the bottom and behind him. I adhered him with foam tape as well.

Supplies:
Stampers Anonymous - Halloween Doodles CMS437
Background - Tim Holtz Watercolor Pencils (painted)
Stars stamped with - Distress Archival Ink - Faded Jeans
Mushrooms & Pumpkins stamped with - Distress Archival - Hickory Smoke
Colored stamps with Prismacolor Pencils

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!