Sunday, March 25, 2012

Bubble bath fun and glitter tutorial

Just so you know, i am NOT a glitter fan.  Mo's Challenge blog wants the crafters participating in their challenge to "Bling it on"...but there is something about the colors MS has in her glitter section that beckons me...  My friend, Aga, introduced me to this super technique, using Ritz glitter, but i've found the MS glitter works just as well and is more readily available to me at Michaels...and can i say 40% off coupon. :)

So first i will share my card and then my tutorial on how i did the glitter part:


















The sketch i used is from Seems a Little Sketchy #9:

 Now for my tutorial for making the glitter embellishments...not too hard really:
First you will need some heavy-duty double sided tape...i purchased Sookwang in a large roll...it will cover a large portion (if not all of a standard card front), for this project i cut a strip a little wider than my border punch...(remember not all border punches like thicknesses...i used the Reminisce brand...and it wasn't happy with this thickness, the best punch i've used so far is EK Success...and it's like the name..success-ful!)
I used double sided paper also and attached the strip to the lighter side and then a strip to the darker side.  Then i used my border punches.

**Remember the side that you put your tape on is the side that will be up and have glitter attached to it.




Punch out both of your borders and then add the glitter to the tape, tap off and burnish the glitter. 
(Burnishing is just rubbing and pushing the glitter down..it makes it "shine" more and i found that the MS glitter was more sparkly.)
This is the "Glitter Ritz" brand













This is the Martha Stewart brand.
The punches cut out w/the tape. And the burnishing i am doing w/my finger.







The finished border punches ready for my card base.














Challenges:
Mo's Challenge Blog- Bling it on
Seems a Little Sketchy- sketch #9

7 comments:

  1. OMGoodness Bonnie! This is so cute!! LOve the bath bubbles, awesome job. :) Thanks for playing with us at Mo's!
    Hugs,
    Dorcas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Dorcas. Those bath bubbles are awesome and so is your great tip for glitter. It's fun, but oh so messy. LOL Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Mo's this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable card - love that image! Thanks for playing along at Seems A Little Sketchy. Hope to see you back again on Monday for the newest sketchy challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love your take on the sketch. Perfect refreshing blues, and I love your banners! Thanks for joining us this week at Seems a Little Sketchy! Happy Crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I love the clusters of bubbles!! I saw the thumbnail of your card on the Mo's challenge page, and simply had to take a closer look. A-Dorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Grandma Bonnie!! How adorable!! Gorgeous glitter effect...and, for the record, I don't do glitter either! I end up with it everywhere! aacck! Love it!! I'm so delighted that you've joined us again this week at Mo's!! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is totally precious and thank you so much for sharing your tutorial. Looks like I have to give that a try!
    Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!