Monday, March 5, 2012

Snow date cardmaking #1

Some of my long distance friends and I are getting together via blog/internet for a Snow Date.  We are working on Easter cards, but they could easily be made into Birthday or anything else depending on the sentiments you use.  I have like 4 cards planned and might add a few more as i go. :)  My inspiration cards are from the Magnolia Ink Easter issue.  This card is on page 14.  I reduced my image to 3" and made my own sentiment to look like the one from Magnolia.

Here are the supplies i used:
6.25 x 4.25 Card base used horizontally
3.75 x 5.75 Yellow background
Kraft paper for above yellow, i just cut it a bit bigger.
Nestibilities oval 3.75" wide, scalloped oval 4" wide (It would be easy to make this into a rectangle and get the same affect.)
I used white cardstock for the sentiment and a darker brown (than the Kraft paper) for the scalloped oval.
Yellow ribbon
Distressing tool and Distressing Ink
Purple, Light purple and cream flowers.  I bought a "bouquet" of silk flowers to add to the paper flowers.
Image- I cropped the gift hanging off of this Tilda image
First thing i did was distress the yellow and kraft paper with the distress tool and ink.  Then i ink distressed the sentiment.  I cut the sentiment out so that the sentiment was to the left so that i could put the image next to the sentiment.
Then i attached the ribbon to the matted paper and attached the matted paper w/ribbon to the card base.  Next add the oval sentiment attaching it to the matted card w/foam dots.
Add your flowers and bow to your card, now it is ready for your image...remember it can be a diecut and large butterfly would be beautiful as well.
My finished card w/a colored digi image from Magnolia.















Challenges:
Stamping Scrapping Challenge- Spring/Pastel
(Items used Tilda with Small Gift found here)








1 comment:

  1. I love seeing how you create! It's nice to see how you make your amazing cards! I love the colour combo on this one!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!