Friday, March 30, 2012

Easter- For a Sweet Little Girl

I am so fortunate to be able to be on a design team that has Dearie Dolls as our sponsor and then to be able to create w/their images is definitely icing on the cake!

At Card Crafter's Circle this week we are making Easter cards and i made mine using this cute, cute bunny from Dearie DollsDearie Dolls prize this week is 3 images for the lucky random winner!


 



Here is the card i made using this cute little bunny called, "Bunny in Carrot Dress"


What i did:
Did you know that if you have a program called Scal2 you can cut your digital images outlines and make them into card bases?  That's what i did for this card.  Basically you ungroup the lines and just cut out the outside line.  You make the card by welding a mirror image to the original.  Pretty neat, huh?  The hard part is matching up the printed image..i was a little off for this one..but next time, i will get it down. :)
I also paper pieced the dress and bow on this image and colored in the carrots and shaded the dress.  I punched a little hole and strung the tag through it and tied it into a bow. I think i might add really doll buttons to the dress as well. :)

Challenges:


























1 comment:

  1. I just love how you've created this shaped card! Love the yellow gingham!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!